Def Leppard is an English rock band, introduced in 1977 in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. The band includes the members Rick Savage, Rick Allen, Phil Collen, Vivian Champbell and Joe Alliot. Def Leppard’s original name was Def Leopard as they got the reference from the band Led Zeppelin. The debut album ‘on through the night’ of this rock band was released on March 14, 1981. In early 1980’s and early 1990’s are the best commercial time for the band. It is one of the best music seller artists of the World and sold millions of albums World Wide. The huge fan following of Def Leppard is always curious about discovering the unknown facts about the band and if you are also one of them then you are at the right place. We have collected few unknown facts about this band.
Def Leppard’ some interesting facts are described below. Just have a look-
- Tony Kenning, Rick Savage and Pete Wills all are school friends in Sheffield, England and formed their band with the name ‘Atomic Mass’ in 1977.
- In the starting, band was consisted of Wills (Guitarist), Kenning (Guitarist and bass player) and Savage (drummer).
- Joe was 18 when he decided to join the band as a guitarist and met with Wills. But he selected as a lead singer by Wills.
- Def Leppard’s performance was spoiled at ‘reading festival’ by the audiences as they were not happy with their performance so they thrown the bottles and beer cans filled with urine on band.
- ‘Robert John Mutt Lange’ finally became ready to produce their second album ‘High & Dry’ which was released on July, 1981 and was not successful.
- ‘Bringin on the heart break’ was the first metal video which was played on MTV in 1982 and this made the band popular in U.S.
- In July,1982 the former guitarist Phill Collen replaced the Pete Wills with the glam band girl as he was fired from his job a day earlier due to excessive alcohol consumption on the work.
- Rick Allen, the drummer of the rock band group has only one arm. He lost his one arm in serious car accident on New Year’s Eve in Sheffield, England in 1984. He was driving very fast and thrown out from the windshield of the car and vanished his arm. But he still had the desire to perform with Def Leppard and started learning electronic drum kit.
- Def Leppard’s forth album ‘Hysteria’ took three years to release and was finally released on Aug 3, 1987. It topped in UK in first week after the release.
- In 1991, the guitarist Steve Clark was died because of too much alcohol consumption.
- Def Leppard’s fifth album ‘Adrenelize’ was released on 31st March, 1992 and it became super hit in both UK and US.
- The band booked their name in ‘Guinness Book of World Records’ for performing in three continents (Morroco, England, Canada) in single day.
About the Author: Find quality Def Leppard clothing at www.alt-tshirts.com, the best online tee shirts store in the United States. Follow the link and browse through 525 bands that we featured and are in stock to be immediately shipped right to your door. The cost per tee starts from $16 which is quite cheap.