Our resources are limited, so it is our moral duty to utilize resources optimally. This way we can ensure that the next generations would get a chance to utilize their share of resources in order to make their life worthwhile. Today the cost of using energy has gone up considerably; as a result people often have to pay a hefty amount resulting in their budget planning going topsy-turvy.
Research shows that electricity usage can be minimized to a greatest extent that too without compromising too much on living standards. A huge amount of fossil fuel is used for generating electricity and this raises the cost of energy due to limited availability of fuels. This in fact makes it necessary to save electricity and energy to ensure that utility bill amount is at its minimum.
Here are some helpful tips on saving energy:
- Switch off lights and fans when not in use.
- Water should be conserved as far as possible. Fix leakages if any, else you might have to face a scarcity due to such minor negligence.
- Over-utilization of water would need you to switch on the pump for refilling your water tank again and again which would mean increased usage of energy and an unnecessarily inflated the bill amount unnecessarily.
- Television, video games and other electronic devices must be turned off as and when these are not in use.
- As we all know that cooling during summers and heating during winters leads to considerable usage of electricity. This cost can be minimized by installing a thermostat which can be programmed to regulate the temperature as per your requirement. This save on electricity costs to a large extent.
- Fluorescent light bulbs are recommended for household use as it conserves one third of electricity usage against normal light and other electrical fittings.
As a thumb rule usage must be based on the requirement as unnecessary wastage of resources would not only make us suffer but would also bring down the quality of life for the generations to come. Using energy efficient appliances would help save energy and in turn help us to conserve our valuable natural resources.