The world is a really big place and very few people get to see all of it within one lifetime. Going abroad to study is an amazing opportunity and an amazing experience that everyone would avail at least once to see for them what all the fuss is about. Don’t you want to be a part of the 3.7 million students (as of 2009) that get to have this adventure?
Why this is the best time for YOU!
A lot of people put off the idea of going abroad because they think that they can always do it later in life. What they don’t realize is that they’re in the prime of their life and this venture is going to be like no other for a lot of reasons.
- You’re young! – The energy and passion that you have right now only comes at this age.
- Broaden your network. – You get to meet new people and make new friends! You’ll have a large variety of people to choose from so that you can take your pick of the litter with common interests. Who knows? You might even pick a few new ideas along the way!
- A fresh pair of eyes. – Stepping out of your comfort zone and meeting people from different walks of life is no easy feat! However, it empowers you to gain new perspectives!
- You’re more than just a tourist. – Going abroad to study is nothing like taking a vacation where you’re just a tourist. You’ll actually be living in that city and experiencing their culture first hand on a day to day basis.
- Pick up a new language. – Traveling abroad is a great way to polish your linguistic skills. In the globalized economy of today, having an extra language under your belt can only be beneficial!
- Boost your resume. – Companies looking to hire innovative young students who’re open to new experiences will love that you traveled abroad for a semester or more. It sends a message that you’re open minded and ready to step out of your comfort zone in order to learn and grow as an individual and an employee.
- Independence. – When you’re living abroad, you’ll be left to your means. It’s a wonderful opportunity to be completely independent and see what you can accomplish on your own!
- Cultural immersion. – A new place, new people and a completely new society! Dive into a totally different culture and appreciate the difference, who knows? You might actually end up liking it a lot!
- Education over haul. – Every country has its own education system and this is the perfect opportunity to discover what everyone else in the world is up to!
- The experience. – Traveling abroad to study is something that no student ever forgets. It’s a truly amazing experience that you’ll covet for years to come and it’ll help you grow, not only professionally, but personally as well!
Research your options thoroughly before you make up your mind about where you want to go, but don’t let the opportunity pass you by! Learn, grow and experience!